Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Another East Bay Regional Park Hike-Briones



Briones Regional Park is another in the East Bay Regional Park system. The land in this park is from what use to be a Ranch, a 13,316 acre ranch. I am not sure how many miles of trails there are in this particular park but suffice it to say there are enough for the dogs and me to get our exercise and then some. This ranch has a little different landscape than Black Diamond and Morgan Territory. It is much more full of knotted oak trees. It is much cooler here than the others because of the shade. Beautiful none the less. As usual, the dogs had all kinds of fun. They love going to a new place. They take such pleasure in the simplest things like new smells. I don't know how they do it. Wish I could be a little more like them. Our walk was relatively short as it gets dark so early now. I walked about 3 miles. Of course, because the dogs were excited by the new place, they probably doubled my distance. They have been fed and are now all cozy in their doggy sleeping bags.

2 comments:

Tony said...

Hi Pam, you certailny find lots of lovely places to go walking, you must have the fittest dogs in the world

Pam Lambros said...

Hi Tony-I don't know if they are the fittest but they are fit enough that if I don't get them out, they let me know. :-)