Sunday, January 18, 2009

Hard to Believe it is Winter

Here it is, January 18th, and the weather is like a spring day. It was a little cool when we first went out (arrived at 7:30) but nothing like it should be for a winter day. By the time we left, it was sunny and 61 degrees. It felt like a spring day. I love this weather but can't help but worry about why it is this nice. We desperately need rain and are way behind our normal rainfall totals for this time of the year. January and February are supposed to be our rainy months. I don't think we have had more than half an inch during this time. This is the second year in a row. If we don't get some soon, it will be water rationing time. Oh well, in the short term, I will just have to enjoy it.

3 comments:

The Oceanside Animals said...

They're talking rationing here as well. Maybe we can stop watering all the golf courses, that would help ...

Pam Lambros said...

That would be a reasonable start. Doubt it though. :-)

Vitali said...

Up the coast here on Vancouver Island we are also having the most peculiar winter. It's been much colder than usual and snowier too. However actual rainfall is far below usual amounts (this is meant to be a coastal rainforest after all!) and I expect everyone will be desperate for water by the summer.

BTW Pam, I've been secretly following your blog and Vizslactivities for a while. I have 4 Vz, one of whom hails from Sylvia - my lovely Shandy. I guess that means we're sort of related!