Saturday, August 23, 2008

Freight & Salvage Part 1


The night to meet up with Wendy and watch Trina Hamlin finally arrived. I was afraid I may not be able to make it because it didn't seem I was ever going to kick the sinus infection or get rid of the fever. Thankfully, the last of the fever seemed to leave me on Friday morning. I was really looking forward to the show for a number of reasons. I was excited about getting together with so many of my friends at one time (we were ten strong), excited to see Trina Hamlin for the first time, and really excited about seeing my friend Wendy for the first time in about 15 years. Maris (my sister), Tanya, and I drove together. When we made it to Berkley, we found a parking spot about 100 feet from the location. How often does that happen? Our timing was great too. We saw Wendy crossing the street to pick up some food. I was able to visit with her for few minutes before the concert which was a good thing since she was quite the busy one and I knew we wouldn't have been able to chat otherwise. It was great to see her and she looks great. We met Trina too. She came across as very personable, really friendly and greeted us as though she had already known us. After our brief visit, we went to stand in line for the door to open. The rest of the group of ten began to arrive and we all hung out and had a few laughs. It was all good. The doors finally open and we went and took our seats. It was a small venue. It seated about 200 people at the most. As we were all chatting, who walks in, Steve Wozniak. I thought that was pretty funny. Of course, I know him primarily from the "Kathy Griffin: My Life On The D-List" as Kathy's boyfriend, but my more techy friends were excited because of his Apple connections. Funny to see him there really but cool. We chatted a little more and finally settled in for the entertainment.
The first picture above of Wendy plying her wares and the second is of Kate and Mark.

No comments: