Sunday, August 31, 2008

First Night Home After Surgery

Well, we had a restless night here at the Red Dawn household. Poor Sara could not get comfortable. Seems the dosage of pain medicine was just not enough. I don't think she slept at all. I finally had to call the vet and she upped her pain medicine dosage. Hopefully she will rest a little easier. At least I know she is generally okay. She hasn't lost her appetite in the least bit.
It is always so hard to see these pups in pain or discomfort. I can't rest myself. I worry non-stop until they are back to feeling normal. I know some may think it is weird but they are like my children and all I want is for them to be happy and healthy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

All animal lovers share your feelings. Hope Sara is feeling better & that tonite you'll both sleep more soundly. Hugs & kisses from breeder-mom.

Anonymous said...

We are sending our good thoughts your way. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Hugs from Susan & Q

Pam Lambros said...

Thanks for the well wishes from both of you. The increased pain medicine seems to have helped Sara relax a little more.

Delilah and Rocket said...

Wishing you a more restful night tonight. We can't sleep either when the "kids" have a bad night so do we. They are kids, they just have 4 legs and don't usually get much beyond "toddler" stage that's all. :-)

Staci Wittenauer said...

Glad to hear all went well. Hopefully everyone will rest comfortably tonight!