Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Fun on the Lake


Part of my weekend in Kentucky entailed being pulled around by the boat on a tube and holding on for dear life (see picture to the right). I have never done that before but had a kickass time. We spent between 3 to 4 hours each day on boat. We took turns out on the tube. The first day, there were two of us on the tube at a time. My uncle was the driver on Saturday and was a little more gentle on us in the beginning but as the speed built up, it reached a cresendo as we were pried from the tube by centrifugal force. It took a tremendous amount of grit and determination to hang on. On Sunday, my cousin was the driver and there was no build up. It was gangbusters out of the gate. We did some solo tubing on Sunday. It was fun too because you could get a better grip and use your weight to stay on the tube. I was really amazed at the amount of energy it took to hang on. I was really sore on Monday, even the muscles between my lower chin down to my collarbone, all from gritting my teeth. Below is a link to a photoshow. Take a look.

http://www.photoshow.net/publish/QY8YS8Qs.swf?w=240" />http://www.photoshow.net/publish/QY8YS8Qs.swf?w=240" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="240" height="205">

4 comments:

Delilah and Rocket said...

The last time I did that I ended up on the x-ray table to make sure all my ribs were in the right place! but I was voted "best wipe out" so it was totally worth it

danem said...

Thats awesome Pam. I did that many years ago up at lake shasta. Its scary getting whipped around like that!

Pam Lambros said...

It really was a blast. No broken ribs just strained muscles. :-)

Anonymous said...

Awesome Job Pam!!!! Just watching that makes my muscles scream lol. Cant wait to get on the tube again and ride some waves. Michael