Saturday, July 19, 2008

Fruit Stands, Open Space, and Dogs





One of the many things I love about living in the bay area is the fact that I can be in a cultural and shopping mecca like San Francisco and in a rural area like the above pictures all in the same day. I LOVE that! Although I definitely love the open spaces that a rural location provides, I still have a strong need to know I can shop for just about any brand of clothing or shoes I want.
Today was one of the days I enjoyed the rural open spaces. I met my friend Tanya and Malbec (her dog) out at Hastings Island today. The weather perfect really. I took a few pictures of what we saw today. The goose gracefully floating down the river appears to not be fully mature and was by herself. We were a good 100 feet away so she did not feel threatened. We also found this perfectly formed bird's nest. After the run, I stopped at this fruit stand to pick up locally grown fruits and corn. I have been going to this stand for over seven years and always buy what is in season. The corn is the sweetest, best I have ever eaten. It seems to melt in my mouth. YUM! Nothing says summer like fresh corn on the cob.

No comments: