Thursday, September 4, 2008

50! Really! How Did This Happen



Okay-so I am reaching a milestone tomorrow and will be hitting the big five-0. I thought I would share a couple of goofy pictures of myself with all 5 of you who read this blog.
I guess I am officially middle age. One of the things that means is that I have been around long enough to see fashions come and go and then come back again, sometimes not too happily (can you say skinny jeans?). I have seen a lot of technology changes (from Atari Pong to Wii) and, unfortunately, continued devastation to various animals and lands (Polar Bears and the icecaps). Now that I have reached this milestone, I am starting to feel more comfortable in my own skin. I am starting to realize and embrace that I have a creative side to me. I love that I am able to write this blog and try my hand at photography even if I am not great at it. That wouldn't have been enough even a few years ago. If I couldn't excel, it wasn't worth doing. Now I do it enjoy it. Period. I plan on continuing to nurture the different aspects of who I am. I only wish I didn't have so many wrinkles. :-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy,Happy Birthday Pam,Love Michael

Anonymous said...

Hey Pam - have one heck of a PARTY! Turning 50 deserves a big celebration so HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! PS, there is Botox for wrinkles now. You didn't mention that development. :-)

50 hugs from Sylvia

Pam Lambros said...

That's right! There is Botox...hmmm...

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Staci Wittenauer said...

You are only as old as you feel. Happy birthday! Thanks for making the office a fun place to work at time (yes, fun)!

Pam Lambros said...

Thanks Staci!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Pam!! It must be great to be so young and vivacious. :)

Rusty and Kalman send their best wishes as well.

Pam Lambros said...

Walter-you crack me up. :-)