Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sara Tells Her Tales of Woe


As you can see from the pictures, I still have to wear this funny collar and I still have the staples in my stomach. Mom took me to the vet's yesterday. I was pretty excited. I thought I was getting the staples out and then we would go for a walk. Well, no such luck. They said they wanted to wait the full 14 days before they removed them. Something about wanting to make sure I was completely healed. Whatever...I am ready to run. I am sure I am driving my mom crazy. I can't help it though. I have been very good for ten days. I can only contain my energy for so long. After all, I am a sporting dog and was bred to hunt all day. On top of that, it isn't easy seeing the other dogs leave with mom for their daily walks while I am left behind. No matter, once I get these staples out, I will run the others silly. I have a lot of pent up energy to use.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Take your time and take care of your self Sara, don't start off running like a flash. We want to be romping in the field with the same girl we knew before the operation, fully healed and ready to go!!

Rusty and Kalman

Pam Lambros said...

Thanks Rusty and Kalman. I hear you. I hope I can contain myself. Soon we will be running in the field together again.

Sara

Anonymous said...

My poor Sara! I'm sure it looks worse than it is. But it's more important that you get fully healed. Then you can run like crazy. And please forgo the pine needles as food in future. Love Breeder-Mom & the Varazs clan.

Pam Lambros said...

No more pine needles...ever!

The Oceanside Animals said...

aww poor sara that neck thingie luks even wurse than my sister trixies life preservr thingie i hope yoo get owt of it soon ok bye