Thursday, September 25, 2008

Pigeon Picture and Curious Actions


Here is a picture I thought was interesting. I went to meet a friend for lunch today and as I was waiting for her I noticed this running water "fountain" in the center of the plaza. The birds obviously thought it was their personal bird bath. They were perched on the edge of the fountain as the water was running, just as comfortable as can be. Every once in awhile they would start bathing and preening. It was interesting to watch as I passed the time waiting for my friend. I tried to capture their reflections in the water but the angle and lighting weren't quite right. I am sharing it anyway.
Here is a curious thing. I stopped at the grocery store on the way home today. I usually go in there after a hike while I am usually in shorts. Today I went in wearing my work attire (business suit) and it was interesting how differently I was treated. The employees are always nice to me but today they went out of their way to see if they could help me. I am sure that they didn't recognize me even though I have shopped there for years. I just think it is interesting how we are perceived in such a different way based on what we are wearing.

No comments: