Monday, October 6, 2008

Beach Story-Light Reflections and a Naked Man



Wanted to tell another story about our trip to the beach yesterday. First off, I can't remember the last time I went to the beach in the late afternoon. There is something about the light on the water that is special. I tried to capture it in the pictures above. It was high tide when we arrived so there was little beach for the dogs to run on. So the dogs and I walked along the trails in the dunes. Periodically, we would find a spot where we could walk along the beach for awhile. When I couldn't walk on the beach without having the tide come up over my shoes, we would take a path back up to the dune trails for a time until another path led to an area with more open beach. After being back on the beach for awhile, I noticed there was a naked man walking from his set up into the water. He was about 100 yards away from us and I saw him before the dogs (thank goodness). They would have wanted to run up and greet him and that is the last thing I wanted to do. Don't get me wrong, he was harmless. Having lived in the bay area for so long, there are lots of areas where you will see a naked person at certain times of the year but that is expected. The craziest thing...the guy went swimming in the ocean. Do you know how cold that water is? Anyways, I decided to stay up on the dune trails after that. I was still able to see the light reflection on the water and the dogs had a perfectly wonderful time running all over the place.

7 comments:

The Oceanside Animals said...

Yikes! That's some seriously cold water even down here in San Diego!

Tony said...

Why didn't you ask him to hold Flat Tony for a photo????
Just sayin'....

Pam Lambros said...

I remembered your blog is "g" rated and wanted to keep it that way. :-)

Tour Wonk said...

g rated is for sissys!!!

C'mon Pam!!! Next tim e give the naked guy a flat Pamcake to hold up and get a shot!!! You can put a black stip over his eyes and peen!!!

Am I too easily amused?

Pam Lambros said...

Tour wonk...you crack me up.

Anonymous said...

Pam,I have two questions:

1) Was he cute?

2) I can't see him in the photographs! I tried with the magnifying glass and everything but all my efforts have failed. Is it time for me to go get a life?

Between S. Le's sports car and your beautiful beaches, I feel totally inadequate in providing Flat Tony a decent holiday. I might however be able to find a naked man to hold Flat Tony in his arms since he seems to enjoy this idea... ;-)

Pam Lambros said...

Natalie with an h-I have seen your photography. You will give Flat Tony a wonderful adventure.

question 1 answer-no
Question 2 answer-he wasn't in the pictures posted and no reason to "to go get a new life." :-)