Sunday, October 5, 2008

Dixy's Obsession-Fetching Balls (or anything else that can be tossed)

Dixy is completely obsessed with fetching tennis balls. Doesn't matter what else is going on (except for birds). Today, I forgot the "Chuck It" toy in the car and didn't have a tennis ball to toss either. Dixy stuck by my side for about ten minutes, waiting for me to throw the tennis ball I didn't have. Well, when she finally realized I wasn't trying to hide a ball for her, she set off on her mission to find one for me to throw. The following photos are the sequence of events that ensued.

Dixy proceeded to bring me the first of her finds. As you can see it is in horrible shape. It didn't even have felt on it. No way I can throw it. But I have to try. She is so proud of herself. I threw it were she couldn't find it. Mean, I know, but I really couldn't see trying to throw that for the next hour and a half.


When the other couldn't be found. She replaced it with another. As you can see, this one was in even worse shape. At least it had felt on it. I was able to lose that one too. Again, not gonna throw it for the whole walk.


She searched for a long time hoping to find another, yet better, tennis ball. Didn't happen. But having the need to fetch, she found and brought me this...a golf ball. She is one nutty girl.

6 comments:

The Oceanside Animals said...

Wow, those are some nasty-looking balls Dixy found! At least she didn't bring you anything TRULY disgusting to throw ...

Pam Lambros said...

Yes..thank goodness for that. :-)

I'm Gabby said...

Dixy reminds me of Kiana that way. I swear no matter where we were that girl could find a tennis ball. Must be in Dixie's genes :)

Gabby's mom

Miska, Tyro & Diva said...

What a huge long tongue you have Dixy!

Katie and Gizmo said...

Another dog obsessed with fetch and here I thought Gizmo was the only one. lol

Great pic with the tongue lolling out too. Loved it!

Cheers
Katie

Tony said...

Our Dixie is quickly learning to fetch. I had a friend who had a fetch obsessed doberman. Once he threw a stick into some bushes & she brought him back a snake!!!