Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Onion-Obama's Presidential Internship

Not sure how many of you are familiar with the Onion but it is a satirical newspaper that is apparently now doing videos for youtube. I have been so bothered by the nonsense that is the run up to the election that I decided I would try to find things that were funny yet not nasty. found this and thought it was good. So I am sharing.
I really want to say, I am really disheartened by how nasty we are becoming to each other in this country. It is really not what the country was built on. Yet here we are, acting as though we are not one country. I believe that if we don't start working together that we will blow ourselves apart. People need to grow up, listen to each other and find common ground. If we don't, we may find ourselves going the way of the Roman Empire.

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

I agree. No one seems to teach The Golden Rule anymore and manners? Well, watch and listen to how impolite, inconsiderate and selfish most of the population is. The 4 most important words in the English language, some say, are "Thank you." and "I'm sorry." The technology & electronic age is great for a lot of things but IMO, it has resulted in people losing touch with emotions; it has depersonalized relationships to the extent that people feel it's OK to say nasty things or email or blog nasty statements. Some days, I long for the 'kinder, gentler' days when people had respect for others and were polite - almost to a flaw.

Pam Lambros said...

I couldn't have said it better. We seem to forget there are real people associated with the comments.