Sunday, October 5, 2008

Weekend of Dog Shows-Grady's Nightmare

Mom made me do it again. We had to spend another weekend going to the dog shows. I keep expecting for it to be over but it is not. Yuck! I do not like it. Mom says I only need 5 points to finish (whatever that means). I just want us to go out and have fun. I don't much like the Judge going over me part. I always sit down when he checks out my rear end. Wouldn't you?! I mean who really likes that? Mom said I have to let the judges do that or we will never "finish". Yesterday, I sat so when the judge went over me so mom took me to our trainer last night. I guess she is trying to have me get used to it. Mom said I did much better today. I didn't take a step when the judge went over me. Didn't help though. We still didn't win. Oh well, at least a nice dog took the point. I don't like losing to ugly dogs. Mom put together a little show of what we go through at the shows. Look at my ears. See how happy I look? Not!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

From what I heard, you were in the ribbons again yesterday. Congrats!! Anytime the ribbon has more than one color, it is a very good sign. Your time will come, I'm very confident of that. Both Rusty and Kalman know how you feel about those judges, Kalman especially knows. Hang in there and silently grit your teeth for those "male checks". (Kalman wishes that the judges would warm their hands first. A cold hand really gets your attention!)

Pam Lambros said...

Grady says thanks and he is practicing gritting his teeth,

Anonymous said...

Hey Grady...your cousin here...long time no see. I am a big boy like you now. You are a smart boy, but you may want to rethink your strategy. If you just let those stinky people touch you for a few seconds, you might get a big blue ribbon and your mom will get all happy and give you special treats. Then pretty soon before you know it, it will be ALL OVER and you can get back to the fun things. My mom told me these things.

Pam Lambros said...

Mr Bodie-you are wise beyond your years. Don't let it get to your head though...I am still your elder.

Grady